Sunday, October 19, 2008

Come To The River

A week ago, our family celebrated the baptism of Ashton and Carsyn Oxenreider, the children of my cousin Jodi. As is generally the tradition for these types of events, my father officiated. With a preacher in the family, we have a go to person for the "marryin' and buryin'" as well as the other important religious events.

They set the baptism for October 12 and decided to do it the more traditional - or perhaps historic - way: in an actual river. So we all met on the banks of the South Santiam river just east of Lebanon, Oregon.
















3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sank said...

I saw these shots on Jodi's flicker site too and I couldn't help but wonder.. was it freezing in that water?

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sank said...

Now that I'm looking at the photos I see the trick of the trade.. wsders under the frock...

I should have thought myself.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

The water wasn't too bad because the glacial melt is pretty much done. But it was a mild day. Dad wore waders, kids went in fully clothed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home