Tuesday, July 29, 2008

California Earthquake

Sounds like So. Cal is OK after the earthquake today. We have very small ones here in Oregon, but it seems like I never feel them.

I did live through the San Fernando earthquake in 1971. But, alas, I don't remember it since I was 9 months old. We lived in a stone house (no kidding) at the time and the wall against which my crib sat fell. Fortunately, it fell outward or I might not be here today.

My parents tell stories of the days without electricity and running water, etc. My father helped with emergency communications as well.

Glad today's didn't cause as much damage as 1971.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger admin said...

A fellow LA kid. It's been a while since I've stopped by.

I too was young...4 at the time of the sylmar quake:

http://erichasissues.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/i-lived-through-worse/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home